Narrower Piano Keys
-
A classical pianist I know has written an illuminating essay about her experience with a narrow piano keyboard. But I can’t find an easy way to link to it. However, if you are on Facebook it’s easy to find it. Just look up Heather O’Donnell. I met her in Europe some years ago.
There’s a German company that’s making these keyboards. An octave measures 6 inches instead of the standard 6.5. A godsend for smaller hands.
The company itself calls it Sirius 6.0, but I haven’t found a website in English.
-
A classical pianist I know has written an illuminating essay about her experience with a narrow piano keyboard. But I can’t find an easy way to link to it. However, if you are on Facebook it’s easy to find it. Just look up Heather O’Donnell. I met her in Europe some years ago.
There’s a German company that’s making these keyboards. An octave measures 6 inches instead of the standard 6.5. A godsend for smaller hands.
The company itself calls it Sirius 6.0, but I haven’t found a website in English.
@RealPlayer you were probably looking at the FB page for this group:
PIANISTS FOR ALTERNATIVELY SIZED KEYBOARDS
https://paskpiano.org/Maybe this:
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1C3jUD6KYr/?mibextid=wwXIfrI have always wanted to play a 6.0 keyboard, but I’ve never had the chance. But I’ve read enough about it to think it makes a lot of sense to have the option.
-
On one of the college and university technician forums, I remember one tech writing about how they had a duplicate narrow keyboard made for one of the performance pianos. Voiced and regulated as close to the original, so they could quickly be swapped out in case there were performers or students that preferred the size. They may have also had some practice pianos with the narrower ones, I just can't remember...
-
On one of the college and university technician forums, I remember one tech writing about how they had a duplicate narrow keyboard made for one of the performance pianos. Voiced and regulated as close to the original, so they could quickly be swapped out in case there were performers or students that preferred the size. They may have also had some practice pianos with the narrower ones, I just can't remember...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login