Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

  1. Home
  2. Categories
  3. Off Key - General Discussion
  4. Thanks a lot, *ssh*le

Thanks a lot, *ssh*le

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off Key - General Discussion
25 Posts 14 Posters 322 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ShiroKuroS
    ShiroKuroS
    ShiroKuro
    wrote last edited by ShiroKuro
    #1

    Well, it finally happened to me. I knew it would happen eventually. You-know-who axed a grant program I had applied to. They were supposed to announce the results at the beginning of September. As the days came and went and there was no announcement, I started to suspect this would happen.

    He announced a new “pocket rescission" package on Friday. Although the announcement doesn’t name the program we applied to, apparently it’s been canceled because it’s in the “Ed funding for woke international education” category, listed here:

    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/2026/09/president-trump-takes-historic-action-to-eliminate-wasteful-and-harmful-spending/

    I spent the better part of the summer preparing this grant application, I am (was) the project lead for this project that would have had a 6-digit figure budget (a huge and ambitious project in my field, which doesn’t need expensive equipment or labs, so project funding is generally much more modest than in stem fields, so the project we proposed was a huge deal and would have been a sizing for the research I do).

    I would rather have had the project rejected than the entire program canceled because of this *sshat’s idiotic policies.

    I knew we shouldn’t have applied for a federal grant under this administration. What a huge f*cking waste of time that was.

    Dammit.

    B D 2 Replies Last reply
    • M
      M
      Mary Anna
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      I'm so sorry.

      1 Reply Last reply
      • Piano*DadP
        Piano*DadP
        Piano*Dad
        wrote last edited by
        #3

        I feel your pain.

        Piano*Son's job is in jeopardy. The orange pedo has slashed away 90% of the earth sciences research budget and 50% of NASA earth sciences research.

        STEM research is collapsing along with humanities.

        Crazy economist who likes to write about higher education.

        ShiroKuroS 1 Reply Last reply
        • Piano*DadP Piano*Dad

          I feel your pain.

          Piano*Son's job is in jeopardy. The orange pedo has slashed away 90% of the earth sciences research budget and 50% of NASA earth sciences research.

          STEM research is collapsing along with humanities.

          ShiroKuroS
          ShiroKuroS
          ShiroKuro
          wrote last edited by ShiroKuro
          #4

          thank you @mary-anna

          @Piano-Dad said:

          Piano*Son's job is in jeopardy.

          I'm so sorry!

          STEM research is collapsing along with humanities.

          Yep. It's a blood bath. And there are so, so many other horrible things that are happening, that a lot of these "little side attacks" are just not on the radar for most people.

          I put "little side attacks" in scare quotes because most of these will have (are already having) significant, far-reaching, long-lasting impacts that far exceed the surface level area (i.e., a completely derailed stem and humanities research engine is going to be far more destructive than most people realize.)

          1 Reply Last reply
          • JodiJ
            JodiJ
            Jodi
            wrote last edited by
            #5

            I’m so sorry. 🙁

            ShiroKuroS 1 Reply Last reply
            • JodiJ Jodi

              I’m so sorry. 🙁

              ShiroKuroS
              ShiroKuroS
              ShiroKuro
              wrote last edited by
              #6

              @Jodi thank you!

              1 Reply Last reply
              • R
                R
                RealPlayer
                wrote last edited by
                #7

                I’m so sorry, SK.

                My daughter’s job will soon be ending because it depended on USAID funding, which has been decimated.

                Lots of casualties initiated by this guy.

                ShiroKuroS 1 Reply Last reply
                • R RealPlayer

                  I’m so sorry, SK.

                  My daughter’s job will soon be ending because it depended on USAID funding, which has been decimated.

                  Lots of casualties initiated by this guy.

                  ShiroKuroS
                  ShiroKuroS
                  ShiroKuro
                  wrote last edited by
                  #8

                  @RealPlayer said:

                  My daughter’s job will soon be ending

                  I'm so sorry to hear this!!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  • RontunerR
                    RontunerR
                    Rontuner
                    wrote last edited by
                    #9

                    So far our son's research job is still ok - I believe lots of private funding has been able to bridge the gaps left behind by the Trumpublican regime

                    ShiroKuroS 1 Reply Last reply
                    • ShiroKuroS ShiroKuro

                      Well, it finally happened to me. I knew it would happen eventually. You-know-who axed a grant program I had applied to. They were supposed to announce the results at the beginning of September. As the days came and went and there was no announcement, I started to suspect this would happen.

                      He announced a new “pocket rescission" package on Friday. Although the announcement doesn’t name the program we applied to, apparently it’s been canceled because it’s in the “Ed funding for woke international education” category, listed here:

                      https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/2026/09/president-trump-takes-historic-action-to-eliminate-wasteful-and-harmful-spending/

                      I spent the better part of the summer preparing this grant application, I am (was) the project lead for this project that would have had a 6-digit figure budget (a huge and ambitious project in my field, which doesn’t need expensive equipment or labs, so project funding is generally much more modest than in stem fields, so the project we proposed was a huge deal and would have been a sizing for the research I do).

                      I would rather have had the project rejected than the entire program canceled because of this *sshat’s idiotic policies.

                      I knew we shouldn’t have applied for a federal grant under this administration. What a huge f*cking waste of time that was.

                      Dammit.

                      B
                      B
                      Bernard
                      wrote last edited by
                      #10

                      @ShiroKuro Jeeze, sorry to hear it, SK.

                      The industrial revolution cheapened everything.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      • RontunerR Rontuner

                        So far our son's research job is still ok - I believe lots of private funding has been able to bridge the gaps left behind by the Trumpublican regime

                        ShiroKuroS
                        ShiroKuroS
                        ShiroKuro
                        wrote last edited by
                        #11

                        @Rontuner said:

                        So far our son's research job is still ok - I believe lots of private funding has been able to bridge the gaps left behind by the Trumpublican regime

                        Hopefully your son will continue to helped both those resources.

                        But some of those gaps are just going to go unfilled.

                        @bernard thank you!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        • AdagioMA
                          AdagioMA
                          AdagioM
                          wrote last edited by
                          #12

                          Craptastic. I’m so sorry, @shirokuro @piano-dad

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          👍
                          • S
                            S
                            Steve Miller
                            wrote last edited by
                            #13

                            😕

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            👍
                            • Big_AlB
                              Big_AlB
                              Big_Al
                              wrote last edited by
                              #14

                              Bad news. The past 2nd Trump term has seemed to me to have been like being in the trenches during a mortar barrage. Some hit at a distance and you count yourself lucky. Some hit nearby and you know where it hit. Some land on someone you know and wounds or kills them. You just wonder if one had has our name on it.

                              Big Al

                              Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

                              Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

                              A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

                              ShiroKuroS D 2 Replies Last reply
                              • Big_AlB Big_Al

                                Bad news. The past 2nd Trump term has seemed to me to have been like being in the trenches during a mortar barrage. Some hit at a distance and you count yourself lucky. Some hit nearby and you know where it hit. Some land on someone you know and wounds or kills them. You just wonder if one had has our name on it.

                                Big Al

                                ShiroKuroS
                                ShiroKuroS
                                ShiroKuro
                                wrote last edited by
                                #15

                                @Big_Al said:

                                The past 2nd Trump term has seemed to me to have been like being in the trenches during a mortar barrage. Some hit at a distance and you count yourself lucky. Some hit nearby and you know where it hit. Some land on someone you know and wounds or kills them. You just wonder if one had has our name on it.

                                Sadly, this feels very, very accurate as a way to describe how things are!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                • Big_AlB Big_Al

                                  Bad news. The past 2nd Trump term has seemed to me to have been like being in the trenches during a mortar barrage. Some hit at a distance and you count yourself lucky. Some hit nearby and you know where it hit. Some land on someone you know and wounds or kills them. You just wonder if one had has our name on it.

                                  Big Al

                                  D
                                  D
                                  Daniel
                                  wrote last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @Big_Al said:

                                  Bad news. The past 2nd Trump term has seemed to me to have been like being in the trenches during a mortar barrage. Some hit at a distance and you count yourself lucky. Some hit nearby and you know where it hit. Some land on someone you know and wounds or kills them. You just wonder if one had has our name on it.

                                  Big Al

                                  What a perfect description.

                                  'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  • MikM
                                    MikM
                                    Mik
                                    wrote last edited by
                                    #17

                                    There's another side to this. I don't know about any of the programs mentioned here, but I've been working in medical research for four years and there is a whole lot of research that, knowing what is available in hospital information systems, is doomed from the start. Cannot possibly produce the expected result. The data simply does not exist. Maybe the vetting process needs to be looked at from an IT perspective.

                                    I hate to see it affect my friends, but there are two sides to that coin.

                                    “I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
                                    ― Douglas Adams

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    • C
                                      C
                                      CHAS
                                      wrote last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Don't think the headline many want to see will come this month. sigh

                                      "Art is the only way to run away without leaving home."

                                      • Twyla Tharp
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      • ShiroKuroS ShiroKuro

                                        Well, it finally happened to me. I knew it would happen eventually. You-know-who axed a grant program I had applied to. They were supposed to announce the results at the beginning of September. As the days came and went and there was no announcement, I started to suspect this would happen.

                                        He announced a new “pocket rescission" package on Friday. Although the announcement doesn’t name the program we applied to, apparently it’s been canceled because it’s in the “Ed funding for woke international education” category, listed here:

                                        https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/2026/09/president-trump-takes-historic-action-to-eliminate-wasteful-and-harmful-spending/

                                        I spent the better part of the summer preparing this grant application, I am (was) the project lead for this project that would have had a 6-digit figure budget (a huge and ambitious project in my field, which doesn’t need expensive equipment or labs, so project funding is generally much more modest than in stem fields, so the project we proposed was a huge deal and would have been a sizing for the research I do).

                                        I would rather have had the project rejected than the entire program canceled because of this *sshat’s idiotic policies.

                                        I knew we shouldn’t have applied for a federal grant under this administration. What a huge f*cking waste of time that was.

                                        Dammit.

                                        D
                                        D
                                        Daniel
                                        wrote last edited by Daniel
                                        #19

                                        SK,

                                        I am very sorry this happened and especially after all the work you did in preparation as the lead and considering the size and scope of the project in your field.

                                        "Woke" was the pretext for a different Republican politician ruining my alma mater beyond recognition.

                                        Again, I am very sorry.

                                        'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                                        ShiroKuroS 1 Reply Last reply
                                        • D Daniel

                                          SK,

                                          I am very sorry this happened and especially after all the work you did in preparation as the lead and considering the size and scope of the project in your field.

                                          "Woke" was the pretext for a different Republican politician ruining my alma mater beyond recognition.

                                          Again, I am very sorry.

                                          ShiroKuroS
                                          ShiroKuroS
                                          ShiroKuro
                                          wrote last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @Daniel thank you. It’s really frustrating.

                                          Also, would you mind editing your post so that it doesn’t quote me like that? I might want to go back and delete this in the future, since it’s kind of personal.

                                          Thank you in advance!

                                          AxtremusA 1 Reply Last reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
                                          • Login

                                          • Don't have an account? Register

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups