Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

  1. Home
  2. Categories
  3. Off Key - General Discussion
  4. My father died

My father died

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off Key - General Discussion
17 Posts 13 Posters 1.3k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • wtgW
    wtgW
    wtg
    wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I'm so sorry, @Daniel . You've really been hit with more than your share of challenges.

    I, too, am the last of my family. My Mom was my last close relative; she died five years ago.

    Hugs to you and hang in there.

    1 Reply Last reply
    • dolmansaxlilD
      dolmansaxlilD
      dolmansaxlil
      wrote on last edited by
      #3

      I am so sorry, Daniel.

      1 Reply Last reply
      • S
        S
        Steve Miller
        wrote on last edited by
        #4

        Oh my.

        I’m very sorry.

        1 Reply Last reply
        • MikM
          MikM
          Mik
          wrote on last edited by
          #5

          That’s a tough one.

          “I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
          ― Douglas Adams

          1 Reply Last reply
          • ShiroKuroS
            ShiroKuroS
            ShiroKuro
            wrote on last edited by
            #6

            Daniel, I’m really sorry to hear this.

            1 Reply Last reply
            • R
              R
              RealPlayer
              wrote on last edited by
              #7

              Sorry to hear. Daniel.

              1 Reply Last reply
              • D
                D
                DeweyLOU
                wrote on last edited by
                #8

                Daniel, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

                1 Reply Last reply
                • LisaL
                  LisaL
                  Lisa
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #9

                  I'm so sorry Daniel. ((Hugs))

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  • C
                    C
                    CHAS
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #10

                    Daniel, Sorry you lost your father.

                    "Art is the only way to run away without leaving home."

                    • Twyla Tharp
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    • JodiJ
                      JodiJ
                      Jodi
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #11

                      I’m so sorry Daniel.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      • Big_AlB
                        Big_AlB
                        Big_Al
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #12

                        I'm sorry to hear that news, Daniel. You have my condolences.

                        Big Al

                        Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

                        Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

                        A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        • AxtremusA
                          AxtremusA
                          Axtremus
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #13

                          My condolences.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          • D
                            D
                            Daniel
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #14

                            Thank you, everyone.

                            It's taking me few days to adjust to this new reality.

                            'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            • D
                              D
                              Daniel
                              wrote on last edited by Daniel
                              #15

                              So I had to talk to my estranged brother. Maybe we'll stop being estranged. We'll see.

                              It was his decision. I think it had something to do with slamming his skull into a telephone poll at 16, at 45 mph, Chevy S 10, no modern safety features, no seatbelt of any kind, being in a coma for six months, a rehabilitation hospital for six more, then subsequently joining what I am almost certain were a series of minor religious cults, but I digress.

                              He has bone cancer. He just got "fantastic" blood work numbers after spending 11 weeks, 5 days a week, receiving chemotherapy at Cedars-Sinai in the NYC.

                              Whoa.

                              I'm waiting for him to send an email.

                              My father never mentioned it.

                              'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              • MikM
                                MikM
                                Mik
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #16

                                There’s no time like now to forgive even if it’s not anything you did.

                                “I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
                                ― Douglas Adams

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                • D
                                  D
                                  Daniel
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #17

                                  That's what I'm thinking. @Mik

                                  'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                                  1 Reply Last reply

                                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                  Register Login
                                  Reply
                                  • Reply as topic
                                  Log in to reply
                                  • Oldest to Newest
                                  • Newest to Oldest
                                  • Most Votes


                                  Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
                                  • Login

                                  • Don't have an account? Register

                                  • Login or register to search.
                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  0
                                  • Categories
                                  • Recent
                                  • Tags
                                  • Popular
                                  • Users
                                  • Groups