Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

  1. Home
  2. Categories
  3. Off Key - General Discussion
  4. So, how weird are you??

So, how weird are you??

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off Key - General Discussion
18 Posts 8 Posters 52 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ShiroKuroS
    ShiroKuroS
    ShiroKuro
    wrote last edited by
    #8

    Oh are we talking about lamps? I feel like at one point (in an earlier rental) we had a million lamps in one room, but now things are relatively calm. One lamp in the living room, one lamp by the piano... three lamps in our bedroom because one on each side of the bed, and one on a dresser that's hooked up to a wall switch. One lamp in the guest room, one lamp in my home office.... and one or actually maybe two lamps in Mr. SK's studio.

    1 Reply Last reply
    • AndyDA
      AndyDA
      AndyD
      wrote last edited by
      #9

      Optics are fabulous, camera lenses, binoculars, telescopes.
      When does a collector become an obsessive?

      Ventosa viri restabit

      ShiroKuroS 1 Reply Last reply
      • AndyDA AndyD

        Optics are fabulous, camera lenses, binoculars, telescopes.
        When does a collector become an obsessive?

        ShiroKuroS
        ShiroKuroS
        ShiroKuro
        wrote last edited by
        #10

        @AndyD said:

        When does a collector become an obsessive?

        I don't think we need to move into the realm of value judgments here.... 😄

        1 Reply Last reply
        • AndyDA
          AndyDA
          AndyD
          wrote last edited by
          #11

          It is strange when a thousand books is barely a library, but two pianos could be considered excessive.
          24 lamps... 😀😀😀

          Ventosa viri restabit

          1 Reply Last reply
          😁
          • ShiroKuroS
            ShiroKuroS
            ShiroKuro
            wrote last edited by
            #12

            Two pianos is definitely not excessive. I had a digital and an upright for a while. I never played the digital though, so when I got my grand (and got rid of the upright) I sold the digital as well.

            @jon-nyc what is your second piano? I assume a digital or hybrid? What kind?

            @kluurs the more I think about it, the more I think 24 is a lot of lamps for one room.... 🤣

            1 Reply Last reply
            • R
              R
              RealPlayer
              wrote last edited by
              #13

              Six OIL lamps. The first one was left in the house by a previous owner. Then I found a matching one in an antique shop and thought it could use a mate, and they could flank the fireplace mantel. Then I fell in love with a pair of sleek modern ones (Wolford) to grace the other mantel in the foyer. Finally, I bought and reconditioned two hand-held lamps for carrying around the house during a power outage (memories of Hurricane Sandy).

              1 Reply Last reply
              • ShiroKuroS
                ShiroKuroS
                ShiroKuro
                wrote last edited by
                #14

                I think we need some photos of all these lamps, or at least any interesting ones! Starting with the oil lamps, @realplayer !

                1 Reply Last reply
                • AxtremusA
                  AxtremusA
                  Axtremus
                  wrote last edited by
                  #15

                  Save for counting all you weirdos as friends, I am normal, not weird at all.
                  While I have a normal number of steak knives, I rarely use them to eat food; rather, I use them for food prep.
                  I am very good at separating meat from bones using only a spoon and a fork. This does not make my weird, just eccentrically skilled.

                  ShiroKuroS 1 Reply Last reply
                  • AxtremusA Axtremus

                    Save for counting all you weirdos as friends, I am normal, not weird at all.
                    While I have a normal number of steak knives, I rarely use them to eat food; rather, I use them for food prep.
                    I am very good at separating meat from bones using only a spoon and a fork. This does not make my weird, just eccentrically skilled.

                    ShiroKuroS
                    ShiroKuroS
                    ShiroKuro
                    wrote last edited by
                    #16

                    @Axtremus said:

                    ave for counting all you weirdos as friends

                    Hey! I resemble that remark!

                    😄

                    eccentrically skilled

                    I feel like this expression could come in handy for me as well...

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    • K
                      K
                      kluurs
                      wrote last edited by
                      #17

                      This just confirms my previous sense that even collectively, this group fails to match my quotient of weird. I am clearly the Charles Foster Kane of WTF.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      • J
                        J
                        jon-nyc
                        wrote last edited by
                        #18

                        @shirokuro i have a Yamaha Clavinova

                        1 Reply Last reply

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
                        • Login

                        • Don't have an account? Register

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Tags
                        • Popular
                        • Users
                        • Groups