Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

  1. Home
  2. Categories
  3. Off Key - General Discussion
  4. It’ll just be me and a bunch of old people

It’ll just be me and a bunch of old people

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off Key - General Discussion
7 Posts 6 Posters 25 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • J
    J
    jon-nyc
    wrote last edited by jon-nyc
    #1

    I have my 40 year high school reunion this weekend. The main event is tomorrow night at a country club, but tonight there’s a local bar where some are meeting.

    I’m here in a suburb of Rochester about to head to the bar.

    ShiroKuroS 1 Reply Last reply
    • AxtremusA
      AxtremusA
      Axtremus
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      Have fun with the old people, Jon!

      I recently reunited with a childhood friend. We were neighbors and kindergarten classmates for a while. Before this reunion, we haven’t met each other for over 45 years.

      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      • R
        R
        RealPlayer
        wrote last edited by
        #3

        It’s amazing how we know we’re different from “those people.”

        1 Reply Last reply
        • J jon-nyc

          I have my 40 year high school reunion this weekend. The main event is tomorrow night at a country club, but tonight there’s a local bar where some are meeting.

          I’m here in a suburb of Rochester about to head to the bar.

          ShiroKuroS
          ShiroKuroS
          ShiroKuro
          wrote last edited by
          #4

          @jon-nyc nice! Have fun!

          BYW Rochester NY? Rochester Mn?

          (I’m guessing NY but just in case)

          1 Reply Last reply
          • K
            K
            kluurs
            wrote last edited by
            #5

            Yup - old people. A bunch of college friends suggested getting together for lunch. I was thinking, "that will be nice. There are a lot of restaurants i'd like to try." Email came back with the restaurant selected - "Mother's Day Restaurant." Now, I realize that does sound awfully highfalutin - but sadly, you'd be mistaken. My first thought after hearing the selection was "that's a restaurant for old people." Second thought: "You are an old person." Third thought, "I was a little embarrassed years back when my parents wanted to go there." The circle of personal humiliation has come full circle. Oh yes, it was everything I remembered - except now... I belong.

            R 1 Reply Last reply
            • DougGD
              DougGD
              DougG
              wrote last edited by
              #6

              The most uncomfortable thing about this sort of event to me is I worry about making everyone jealous about the fact that I still look like a 30-year-old Greek God.

              1 Reply Last reply
              • K kluurs

                Yup - old people. A bunch of college friends suggested getting together for lunch. I was thinking, "that will be nice. There are a lot of restaurants i'd like to try." Email came back with the restaurant selected - "Mother's Day Restaurant." Now, I realize that does sound awfully highfalutin - but sadly, you'd be mistaken. My first thought after hearing the selection was "that's a restaurant for old people." Second thought: "You are an old person." Third thought, "I was a little embarrassed years back when my parents wanted to go there." The circle of personal humiliation has come full circle. Oh yes, it was everything I remembered - except now... I belong.

                R
                R
                RealPlayer
                wrote last edited by
                #7

                @kluurs there are indeed restaurants that have an old-person vibe. When I was in my 20s in San Francisco there was Sears Fine Foods near the Powell St. cable car. Plush décor, banquettes, white tablecloths, older patrons, an air of formality. Still loved going there, even though I was just a hippie kid. There was a posh hotel on Market St. that had sumptuous breakfasts amid chandeliers (surprised they served us in our countercultural attire).

                1 Reply Last reply

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                Reply
                • Reply as topic
                Log in to reply
                • Oldest to Newest
                • Newest to Oldest
                • Most Votes


                Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
                • Login

                • Don't have an account? Register

                • Login or register to search.
                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Categories
                • Recent
                • Tags
                • Popular
                • Users
                • Groups