Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

  1. Home
  2. Categories
  3. Off Key - General Discussion
  4. Can someone who knows Zoom...

Can someone who knows Zoom...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off Key - General Discussion
19 Posts 6 Posters 182 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • J
    J
    jon-nyc
    wrote last edited by
    #10

    I assume that’s exactly what it means.

    1 Reply Last reply
    • D
      D
      Daniel
      wrote last edited by
      #11

      Well, would that mean "check in" through the Zoom app or just call in, if anyone knows?

      'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

      1 Reply Last reply
      • J
        J
        jon-nyc
        wrote last edited by
        #12

        Probably just call in like an old fashioned conference call. You might try to get zoom working as normal and know that if there’s some issue you can always dial in instead.

        1 Reply Last reply
        • D Daniel

          @adagiom Ok, I downloaded the app and created an account.

          The Notice of Hearing has the following:

          DATE x
          Time x
          Place: ZOOM
          Meeting ID: x
          PASSCODE: x
          To attend by telephone: phone #

          I don't understand.

          Does this mean I need to log into Zoom and put the meeting code and password in the Zoom app on that day and time?

          Do you know what "To attend by telephone:" might mean?

          Do you know if this means I can call and only use my voice?

          I will only have my phone available.

          ShiroKuroS
          ShiroKuroS
          ShiroKuro
          wrote last edited by
          #13

          @Daniel said:

          @adagiom Ok, I downloaded the app and created an account.

          The Notice of Hearing has the following:

          DATE x
          Time x
          Place: ZOOM
          Meeting ID: x
          PASSCODE: x
          To attend by telephone: phone #

          I don't understand.

          Does this mean I need to log into Zoom and put the meeting code and password in the Zoom app on that day and time?

          Yes that’s what it means. Do you have a laptop or desktop that you can use?

          Do you know what "To attend by telephone:" might mean?

          Generally that means you can attend by telephone but if you can avoid it, I would.

          You should be able to make a practice zoom meeting since you downloaded the app, so if you haven’t already, try that.

          1 Reply Last reply
          • D
            D
            Daniel
            wrote last edited by
            #14

            Thanks. I'll try that. Zoom added my phone number to my account.

            I'm afraid of "being in court" and hanging up on everyone. I won't lie

            'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

            1 Reply Last reply
            • J
              J
              jon-nyc
              wrote last edited by
              #15

              If you want to practice I’ll send you a zoom link and you can connect to it. (Late this afternoon when I’m home).

              1 Reply Last reply
              • D
                D
                Daniel
                wrote last edited by Daniel
                #16

                Yes, please do. It's raining here, and my phone has poor reception, but I'll try. Thanks.

                'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                1 Reply Last reply
                • D
                  D
                  Daniel
                  wrote last edited by
                  #17

                  SK, why is using the phone a disadvantage? My goal is only to be there at the start and finish.

                  Some members of my family in NYS use Zoom all the time.

                  They think nothing of it.

                  It's a lot of tech and tech knowledge for a layperson.

                  'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  • D
                    D
                    Daniel
                    wrote last edited by
                    #18

                    Ok, so I downloaded the app.

                    The hearing is next week.

                    Do I have to pay for Zoom or can I use it for a trial period?

                    How would I use my phone?

                    I'm getting the generic home page. It has my initials on it iirc.

                    I can't find anyway to contact Zoom.

                    'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    • J
                      J
                      jon-nyc
                      wrote last edited by
                      #19

                      You can use the app for free. It does limit your ability to host a call but not participate in one.

                      I can send you a zoom invite to test it but we need to coordinate a time (in other words we’d actually do a quick little call you and me). Let me know what your schedule is like today. My availability is pretty good. Feel free to do it in private message if you prefer but here is fine too.

                      1 Reply Last reply

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
                      • Login

                      • Don't have an account? Register

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Groups