Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

  1. Home
  2. Categories
  3. Off Key - General Discussion
  4. Cars

Cars

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off Key - General Discussion
12 Posts 5 Posters 124 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • R
    R
    RealPlayer
    wrote last edited by
    #3

    We have a 2022 used Subaru Outback, and that braking feature has engaged a couple of times when in reverse and it was hard to gauge by sight how close we were to hitting something. So I was glad for that. But it never just engaged at driving speeds.

    1 Reply Last reply
    • J
      J
      jon-nyc
      wrote last edited by
      #4

      My autobraking feature gets kicked off by my bike on the rack every time I back up if I forget to turn it off. It’s a little annoying because it’s three levels deep in the menu system to disable it and it automatically reenables itself every time I start the car.

      1 Reply Last reply
      • AndyDA
        AndyDA
        AndyD
        wrote last edited by AndyD
        #5

        Have you seen the new Jaguar?
        🧐
        13044.jpg

        Ventosa viri restabit

        1 Reply Last reply
        • D
          D
          Daniel
          wrote last edited by
          #6

          @andyd Just why?

          'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

          1 Reply Last reply
          • D
            D
            Daniel
            wrote last edited by Daniel
            #7

            We won't be owning our cars. We'll basically be renting them with subscriptions. We won't have complete autonomy over the decisions we make when driving our own cars either.

            Believe me now or believe me later.

            'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

            1 Reply Last reply
            • MikM
              MikM
              Mik
              wrote last edited by Mik
              #8

              A deeper dive into the Type 01. It's a departure but still has recognizable Jag lines. 1016 HP.

              https://supercarblondie.com/jaguar-type-01-ev-production-model-unveil/

              “I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
              ― Douglas Adams

              1 Reply Last reply
              • AndyDA
                AndyDA
                AndyD
                wrote last edited by
                #9

                It's marmite, you'll either hate it and give it 1/10, or really love it giving it 9/10 and those latter folk will (want to) buy it.
                It's a risk being such a bold design transition, but a market driven one that ought to pay off.

                Ventosa viri restabit

                1 Reply Last reply
                • D
                  D
                  Daniel
                  wrote last edited by
                  #10

                  I miss the '80's Jaguars. So elegant.

                  'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                  AndyDA 1 Reply Last reply
                  • D
                    D
                    Daniel
                    wrote last edited by Daniel
                    #11

                    That car's design btw is derivative (people tend to think this word is an insult; I don't mean it that way at all) of Auto Union design history.

                    I'll never own a plug in car myself.

                    Not for me.

                    Apparently they have unreal torque and speed though.


                    The fastest car I've driven:

                    Mercedes SL (R129), 8 cyl, 0- 60 mph @ 4.8 sec.

                    It was like a hammer. You could spend up behind any vehicle at will and that vehicle would discreetly get out of your way.

                    This would be the modern equivalent of putting a saddle on a slug.

                    'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    • D Daniel

                      I miss the '80's Jaguars. So elegant.

                      AndyDA
                      AndyDA
                      AndyD
                      wrote last edited by
                      #12

                      @Daniel said:

                      I miss the '80's Jaguars. So elegant.

                      You mean the twin petrol tank saloons? Beautiful but running costs now... wow.
                      I liked the XJS best though

                      Ventosa viri restabit

                      1 Reply Last reply

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
                      • Login

                      • Don't have an account? Register

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Groups