Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

  1. Home
  2. Categories
  3. Off Key - General Discussion
  4. Gas prices

Gas prices

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off Key - General Discussion
29 Posts 12 Posters 1.9k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • AdagioMA
    AdagioMA
    AdagioM
    wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I forgot to check the corner Shell station; last I looked it was $4.99. But I bought gas last week in the neighboring county that has lower gas taxes, so I paid $4.69 but I had points for 50 cents off, so $4.19 at Kroger. I’m planning my next Costco run to coincide with my next fill up.

    1 Reply Last reply
    • B
      B
      Bernard
      wrote on last edited by
      #12

      Went out to do Easter dinner shopping this afternoon and filled the car with gas. $4.69 for 'plus'.

      The industrial revolution cheapened everything.

      D 1 Reply Last reply
      • AdagioMA
        AdagioMA
        AdagioM
        wrote on last edited by
        #13

        It’s $5.09 at the corner Shell station (my usual fill-up spot, with Kroger points to knock it down.)

        1 Reply Last reply
        • RontunerR
          RontunerR
          Rontuner
          wrote on last edited by
          #14

          $4.35 for regular at our local Costco, but I see $4.09 at the suburban ones.

          1 Reply Last reply
          • wtgW wtg

            I paid $3.799 about ten days ago at Costco; it's $4.259 today. Costco is anywhere from a dime to a quarter a gallon cheaper than other stations.

            AxtremusA
            AxtremusA
            Axtremus
            wrote on last edited by
            #15

            @wtg said:
            Costco is anywhere from a dime to a quarter a gallon cheaper than other stations.

            Then you factor in the 5% cash back for using Costco's credit card to buy gasoline from Costco (vs. the more typical 2% cash back using other credit cards); of course don't forget to amortize your annual Costco membership fee.

            1 Reply Last reply
            • D
              D
              Daniel
              wrote on last edited by
              #16

              It's reached $4.29 in central Florida.

              Florida gas prices hit priciest Easter weekend in more than 20 years https://share.google/c57tpnm4CoXX4twXX

              'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

              1 Reply Last reply
              • AndyDA
                AndyDA
                AndyD
                wrote on last edited by
                #17

                Diesel ⛽️ seen at £1.99.9/litre
                Thats nine quid a gallon.
                Though much of London has it around 1.85.

                Of more concern...I drove into a petrol station in Barking and only one pump out of the six had diesel remaining! People are filling their tanks.

                Ventosa viri restabit

                1 Reply Last reply
                • B Bernard

                  Went out to do Easter dinner shopping this afternoon and filled the car with gas. $4.69 for 'plus'.

                  D
                  D
                  Daniel
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #18

                  @Bernard said:

                  Went out to do Easter dinner shopping this afternoon and filled the car with gas. $4.69 for 'plus'.

                  @bernard 89? I'm assuming that's what's recommended. Outrageous $.

                  'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  • D
                    D
                    Daniel
                    wrote on last edited by Daniel
                    #19

                    CBS national gas and oil tracker.

                    CBS News gas and oil price tracker shows how much energy costs are rising amid the Iran war - CBS News https://share.google/9UlvwqviUQhrx1sQJ

                    'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    • DougGD
                      DougGD
                      DougG
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #20

                      on the other hand, I went to the grocery store this morning and every variety of eggs they sold were available for $.98 a dozen.

                      I believe that is lower than last year…

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      • D
                        D
                        Daniel
                        wrote on last edited by Daniel
                        #21

                        Lol.

                        Yes and the data probably show six million Americans will now have to take the bus to buy them.

                        I'm expecting inflation and terrible real life job market fundamentals to engulf the US economy and sooner rather than later.

                        'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        😁
                        • wtgW
                          wtgW
                          wtg
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #22

                          Gas prices going up quickly around here. I bought gas at Costco for $4.39 early in the week and it's up to $4.89 today, up 20 cents since yesterday.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          • J
                            J
                            jon-nyc
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #23

                            The one here doesn’t have a gas station.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            • RontunerR
                              RontunerR
                              Rontuner
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #24

                              I use the GasBuddy app - especially useful while travelling.

                              I think I paid $4.59 yesterday at the Melrose Park Costco. $4.79 today, while the one in the city closest to us is $4.99

                              Thank a Republican voter!

                              wtgW 1 Reply Last reply
                              • RontunerR Rontuner

                                I use the GasBuddy app - especially useful while travelling.

                                I think I paid $4.59 yesterday at the Melrose Park Costco. $4.79 today, while the one in the city closest to us is $4.99

                                Thank a Republican voter!

                                wtgW
                                wtgW
                                wtg
                                wrote on last edited by wtg
                                #25

                                @Rontuner said:

                                Melrose Park

                                My hometown!

                                Much as I love Costco, I was sad to see the Kiddieland that was on the site demolished to make way for the warehouse.

                                Thank a Republican voter!

                                😠 😀

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                • J
                                  J
                                  jon-nyc
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #26

                                  My car wants the 93 octane. Last fill was $5.99. I assume I’ll pay over 6 next fillup.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  • DougGD
                                    DougGD
                                    DougG
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #27

                                    driving down the eastern side of the Sierras early next week. There’s a couple hundred miles stretch where gas will be well over seven dollars a gallon.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    • DougGD
                                      DougGD
                                      DougG
                                      wrote on last edited by DougG
                                      #28

                                      so I’ve been falling the oil and gas market for over 60 years. My dad worked in the industry. I graduated college in the middle of an oil embargo that led to rationing. I have owned oil and gas stocks for that for 60 year period, although I’ve been steadily decreasing the position for the last 15 years.

                                      Here is my prediction. Sometime within the next 18 months or so , you’ll start seeing the term “oil glut “ in headlines with sharply lower prices.

                                      This stuff is incredibly cyclical…

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      • D
                                        D
                                        Daniel
                                        wrote on last edited by Daniel
                                        #29

                                        @dougg Interesting.

                                        Good news.

                                        @andyd Speaking of diesel it crossed the 6 USD mark now moving toward 7 USD.

                                        'But as they said in one of the later Rocky movies, "Time...it's undefeated.".-- Mik

                                        1 Reply Last reply

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                        Register Login
                                        Reply
                                        • Reply as topic
                                        Log in to reply
                                        • Oldest to Newest
                                        • Newest to Oldest
                                        • Most Votes


                                        Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
                                        • Login

                                        • Don't have an account? Register

                                        • Login or register to search.
                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Categories
                                        • Recent
                                        • Tags
                                        • Popular
                                        • Users
                                        • Groups