Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

  1. Home
  2. Categories
  3. Off Key - General Discussion
  4. What are you reading?

What are you reading?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off Key - General Discussion
150 Posts 23 Posters 26.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • wtgW wtg

    @ShiroKuro said:

    I actually thought it was recommended by someone here at WTF

    I passed along bachophile's recommendation of Mason's book.

    https://wtf.coffee-room.com/post/25491

    ShiroKuroS
    ShiroKuroS
    ShiroKuro
    wrote on last edited by
    #138

    @wtg Thanks! I had searched for "The Piano Tuner" and I guess fuzzy results don't come up.

    Anyway, highly recommended! šŸ™‚

    1 Reply Last reply
    • AndyDA
      AndyDA
      AndyD
      wrote on last edited by
      #139

      Got these this week:
      6867.jpg
      6907.jpg

      Ventosa viri restabit

      1 Reply Last reply
      • C
        C
        CHAS
        wrote on last edited by
        #140

        The Piano Tuner
        Good read. Felt some sense of being in the jungle in Burma. Characters were interesting.
        Worthwhile

        "Art is the only way to run away without leaving home."

        • Twyla Tharp
        1 Reply Last reply
        šŸ‘
        • J
          J
          jon-nyc
          wrote on last edited by
          #141

          Im listening to Regime Change, the new bestseller from Maggie Haberman and Jonathan Swan about the first year+ of the second Trump administration. Very deeply reported, Bob Woodward style. Interesting if at times a little depressing reliving some of the lowlights of 2025.

          I hope they write another about the Iran war.

          1 Reply Last reply
          • dolmansaxlilD
            dolmansaxlilD
            dolmansaxlil
            wrote on last edited by
            #142

            Replaceable You by Mary Roach. Her books are always educational and highly engaging. I listen to them and she does an excellent job reading her own work. This one is about prosthetics, organ donation, and other means of replacing human parts. Very interesting (and often hilarious). I have enjoyed all of her previous books, though Stiff might be my favourite.

            1 Reply Last reply
            • AndyDA
              AndyDA
              AndyD
              wrote on last edited by
              #143

              The Carnac alignments, bought earlier today with these
              8212.jpg
              all for under ten quid

              Ventosa viri restabit

              1 Reply Last reply
              šŸ‘
              • AdagioMA
                AdagioMA
                AdagioM
                wrote on last edited by
                #144

                I just read Yesteryear, which is this years buzzy novel. I enjoyed the first half, started wondering how she was going to write her way out of it, and decided the end was a flunk. YMMV.

                C dolmansaxlilD 2 Replies Last reply
                • AdagioMA AdagioM

                  I just read Yesteryear, which is this years buzzy novel. I enjoyed the first half, started wondering how she was going to write her way out of it, and decided the end was a flunk. YMMV.

                  C
                  C
                  CHAS
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #145

                  @AdagioM Thank you. Have not started it. May not.

                  "Art is the only way to run away without leaving home."

                  • Twyla Tharp
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  • AdagioMA
                    AdagioMA
                    AdagioM
                    wrote on last edited by AdagioM
                    #146

                    Didn’t mean to harsh your buzz, @chas ! But I was really grumpy when I was done.

                    Contrast to Heartwood by Amity Gaige, which I read right after that. Nearly lost me in the middle, but glad I finished, it was lovely. (Hiker lost on the Appalachian Trail, several viewpoints including hiker, game warden, woman in an assisted living center.)

                    C 1 Reply Last reply
                    • AdagioMA AdagioM

                      Didn’t mean to harsh your buzz, @chas ! But I was really grumpy when I was done.

                      Contrast to Heartwood by Amity Gaige, which I read right after that. Nearly lost me in the middle, but glad I finished, it was lovely. (Hiker lost on the Appalachian Trail, several viewpoints including hiker, game warden, woman in an assisted living center.)

                      C
                      C
                      CHAS
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #147

                      @AdagioM Thank you. No buzz problem.

                      "Art is the only way to run away without leaving home."

                      • Twyla Tharp
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      • J
                        J
                        jon-nyc
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #148

                        My new audiobook is ā€˜Six Days of War’ by Michael Oren. It’s said to be the best single volume treatment of the 67 Arab-Israeli war.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        • AdagioMA AdagioM

                          I just read Yesteryear, which is this years buzzy novel. I enjoyed the first half, started wondering how she was going to write her way out of it, and decided the end was a flunk. YMMV.

                          dolmansaxlilD
                          dolmansaxlilD
                          dolmansaxlil
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #149

                          @AdagioM said:

                          I just read Yesteryear, which is this years buzzy novel. I enjoyed the first half, started wondering how she was going to write her way out of it, and decided the end was a flunk. YMMV.

                          It’s been a long time since I have seen so many people split on a novel. Every review I see is either ā€œlife changingā€ or ā€œI don’t get the hypeā€.

                          AdagioMA 1 Reply Last reply
                          • dolmansaxlilD dolmansaxlil

                            @AdagioM said:

                            I just read Yesteryear, which is this years buzzy novel. I enjoyed the first half, started wondering how she was going to write her way out of it, and decided the end was a flunk. YMMV.

                            It’s been a long time since I have seen so many people split on a novel. Every review I see is either ā€œlife changingā€ or ā€œI don’t get the hypeā€.

                            AdagioMA
                            AdagioMA
                            AdagioM
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #150

                            @dolmansaxlil I know! I don’t see how this is life-changing, but I’m in that other camp.

                            If anyone else reads Yesteryear, I’d love to get your take on it.

                            1 Reply Last reply

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
                            • Login

                            • Don't have an account? Register

                            • Login or register to search.
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Categories
                            • Recent
                            • Tags
                            • Popular
                            • Users
                            • Groups