NYT list of 100 best TV shows of tue 21st century
-
I have seen at least one season of 29 of them. Current favourites from that list: The Bear, Slow Horses, Schitt’s Creek. The Pitt, and Severance.
I would argue that The West Wing and MASH both deserve spots on that list. Edit: never mind - just realized it said 21st century.
-
I've only seen 2. The Office (UK version), and some episodes of The Great British Baking Show. Most of them I don't even recognize the names.
I am thinking I'd like to see Downton Abbey at some point. It gets talked about so much.
I've only seen 2. The Office (UK version), and some episodes of The Great British Baking Show. Most of them I don't even recognize the names.
I am thinking I'd like to see Downton Abbey at some point. It gets talked about so much.
The first season is brilliant. I think each season gets a little more soap opera-y but Maggie Smith makes it all worth it.
-
The Wire has been so widely praised over the years that I feel negligent not to have seen it. Of course, times have changed, and it might seem somewhat dated, but I still think I should see some of it.
-
Some of this has to do with my age and when in my life I was watching TV.
Here are the top 20 shows of the 1960s:
- The Twilight Zone
- Star Trek
- Bewitched
- I Dream of Jeannie
- The Flintstones
- The Beverly Hillbillies
- Bat Masterson
- Batman
- The Addams Family
- Bonanza
- The Jetsons
- Get Smart
- The Dick Van Dyke Show
- Mission: Impossible
- Green Acres
- Leave It to Beaver
- The Munsters
- The Carol Burnett Show
- Hogan's Heroes
- Gunsmoke
I have not only seen all of these, there’s isn’t any of them that I’ve only seen one or two episodes….
-
@dougg Missed 1.
- Bat Masterson
The must been re-runs but these shows were all over the TV in there '70's.
Btw, I remember people being excited about ad campaigns for new shows before the series premier.
A few I remember-
The Bionic Man
The Bionic Woman
Charlie's Angels
The Love Boat
Magnum, P.I.
Many cartoonsI guess it was like radio.
It was new, and you could watch TV, read the newspaper, or read a book, for the most part back then, and most of us probably watched a lot of TV.
-
I've only seen 2. The Office (UK version), and some episodes of The Great British Baking Show. Most of them I don't even recognize the names.
I am thinking I'd like to see Downton Abbey at some point. It gets talked about so much.
The first season is brilliant. I think each season gets a little more soap opera-y but Maggie Smith makes it all worth it.
I've only seen 2. The Office (UK version), and some episodes of The Great British Baking Show. Most of them I don't even recognize the names.
I am thinking I'd like to see Downton Abbey at some point. It gets talked about so much.
The first season is brilliant. I think each season gets a little more soap opera-y but Maggie Smith makes it all worth it.
100%
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login