Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

  1. Home
  2. Categories
  3. Off Key - General Discussion
  4. NYT list of 100 best TV shows of tue 21st century

NYT list of 100 best TV shows of tue 21st century

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off Key - General Discussion
11 Posts 6 Posters 48 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • DougGD
    DougGD
    DougG
    wrote last edited by
    #2

    15 that I have seen at least once. 30 rock and breaking bad are the two I’ve seen in their entirety.

    1 Reply Last reply
    • R
      R
      RealPlayer
      wrote last edited by
      #3

      Ten out of 100, and the only ones where I watched more than a couple of episodes were Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm Schitt’s Creek and Bourdain. I guess I’m not much of a TV series fan.

      Interesting autocorrect: Schitt’s Creek corrected to Schist’s Creek.

      1 Reply Last reply
      • Piano*DadP
        Piano*DadP
        Piano*Dad
        wrote last edited by
        #4

        Never watched Breaking Bad, huh?

        Crazy economist who likes to write about higher education.

        1 Reply Last reply
        • J
          J
          jon-nyc
          wrote last edited by jon-nyc
          #5

          I never did. I see it on the list on planes now and then. I should give it a look.

          1 Reply Last reply
          • B
            B
            Bernard
            wrote last edited by Bernard
            #6

            I've only seen 2. The Office (UK version), and some episodes of The Great British Baking Show. Most of them I don't even recognize the names.

            I am thinking I'd like to see Downton Abbey at some point. It gets talked about so much.

            The industrial revolution cheapened everything.

            dolmansaxlilD 1 Reply Last reply
            • dolmansaxlilD
              dolmansaxlilD
              dolmansaxlil
              wrote last edited by dolmansaxlil
              #7

              I have seen at least one season of 29 of them. Current favourites from that list: The Bear, Slow Horses, Schitt’s Creek. The Pitt, and Severance.

              I would argue that The West Wing and MASH both deserve spots on that list. Edit: never mind - just realized it said 21st century.

              1 Reply Last reply
              • B Bernard

                I've only seen 2. The Office (UK version), and some episodes of The Great British Baking Show. Most of them I don't even recognize the names.

                I am thinking I'd like to see Downton Abbey at some point. It gets talked about so much.

                dolmansaxlilD
                dolmansaxlilD
                dolmansaxlil
                wrote last edited by
                #8

                @Bernard said:

                I've only seen 2. The Office (UK version), and some episodes of The Great British Baking Show. Most of them I don't even recognize the names.

                I am thinking I'd like to see Downton Abbey at some point. It gets talked about so much.

                The first season is brilliant. I think each season gets a little more soap opera-y but Maggie Smith makes it all worth it.

                1 Reply Last reply
                • R
                  R
                  RealPlayer
                  wrote last edited by
                  #9

                  The Wire has been so widely praised over the years that I feel negligent not to have seen it. Of course, times have changed, and it might seem somewhat dated, but I still think I should see some of it.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  • DougGD
                    DougGD
                    DougG
                    wrote last edited by DougG
                    #10

                    Some of this has to do with my age and when in my life I was watching TV.

                    Here are the top 20 shows of the 1960s:

                    1. The Twilight Zone
                    2. Star Trek
                    3. Bewitched
                    4. I Dream of Jeannie
                    5. The Flintstones
                    6. The Beverly Hillbillies
                    7. Bat Masterson
                    8. Batman
                    9. The Addams Family
                    10. Bonanza
                    11. The Jetsons
                    12. Get Smart
                    13. The Dick Van Dyke Show
                    14. Mission: Impossible
                    15. Green Acres
                    16. Leave It to Beaver
                    17. The Munsters
                    18. The Carol Burnett Show
                    19. Hogan's Heroes
                    20. Gunsmoke

                    I have not only seen all of these, there’s isn’t any of them that I’ve only seen one or two episodes….

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    • J
                      J
                      jon-nyc
                      wrote last edited by
                      #11

                      Only a couple there I haven’t seen

                      1 Reply Last reply

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
                      • Login

                      • Don't have an account? Register

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Groups