Art 2nd Thread
-

All these are art I pieces hang on the wall. Why do I have them? They came with a house I bought a long time ago. Nothing personal at all. When buying the house I did not have anything that I wanted to hang on the walls in particular, but I also did not want the walls to be too bare. So when the seller offered to leave those pieces behind for a token sum, I took the offer.
The last one ... 'til this day I am not sure whether I am hanging it in the orientation the artist intended. I am not motivated enough to find the answer.

But, maybe just for fun, you folks can tell me in which orientation you think I should hang that last piece.
-
This is a recent picture I purchased. It's at the framer's. I may pick it up tomorrow. It's a work by a Japanese artist who passed away a couple of years ago named Tanaka Ryohei. It's titled, "Kamo Road".

I too would buy it.
Love the composition, in fact everything about it calls out to me.Fascinating, realistic, dull, fabulous detail, take a photo, because I can.
I couldn't walk past it without stopping to admire the whispy branches.
What size is it? A2?(Very Japanese, like one of those incredibly clever & perfect wooden mechanical joints their joiners create. Nail, glue?)
-
These four paintings are all by the same artist, a Youtuber named Siloe Oliveira (Suburban Homestead) whom I'm subscribed to. I have bought these from him over the years because I really enjoy his channel but I use an adblocker, so this is my way of showing support.

-

This isn’t art, but it makes me happy whenever I look at it. A ceramic umbrella stand I recently picked up at an estate sale.I’m rather surprised I like it because I’m not a fan of busy patterns.
-

This isn’t art, but it makes me happy whenever I look at it. A ceramic umbrella stand I recently picked up at an estate sale.I’m rather surprised I like it because I’m not a fan of busy patterns.
@RealPlayer It is art.
-
Dennis and I were great friends in High School and went on all sorts of adventures. He was always an artist. He airbrushed the refrigerator door in my camper with the image from the Beach Boys Surfs up album and painted Fritz the Cat on the tailgate.
We drifted apart after graduation but a few years ago he called me and wanted to go camping again. Ended up going to Santa Barbara for a few days, sang the old songs and danced the old dances.
He’d had quite a career but by that time he had settled in to doing posters and tee shirt art for National Parks and such. Several hundred of them, including two for the White House that he was particularly proud of. He gave these two posters to me and they hang in a place of pride downstairs.
Dennis passed away last year - cancer. I think he knew he had it when he suggested we go camping but he never said anything.
RIP.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login



