One of the best actresses of my generation
-
Link to video
And well I have to be honest and say one of the most beautiful women of my generation as well.
We had pictures of her cut from magazines on our walls in our college dorms.
-
Who else is on my list?
Rose McGowan. The best. "I was good. I could have been great."
She was great. The best film actress of my generation, with a career headed into the stratosphere.
Then she got blacklisted.
Hence, "Charmed", and the rest is history.
Brooke Shields. Ok. She could barely act her way out of a paper bag.
But look at her, from when she was born until now. What can you say.
Her biography includes the fact she earned a degree in French literature, and the unusual enough fact her father was a penniless aristocrat.
She did a TV show where she presented genealogical research tracing her ancestry to a king of France.
So she goes to Paris and is filmed standing next to her ancestor the King's bust.
As one does.
A "big star" in the culture. Not a "great star" in any sense.
She probably doesn't belong on my list but I'm putting her on it anyway.
I'll try to think of more.
My grandfather (b. 1903) told me about Clara Bow (b. 1905) when asked about female stars.
Times change!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login