Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

M

Mark

@Mark
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
157
Topics
14
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent

  • Word association thread
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Cohiba


  • Word association thread
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Philly


  • Happy birthday, jon-nyc!!
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    HBD!


  • Word association thread
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    guide


  • Word association thread
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    wash


  • Julia (for computer geeks)
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Very geeky cool. For geeks of all disciplines.


  • Word association thread
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Mother


  • Word association thread
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    heist


  • Is Clair de Lune too hard for me?
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    @AndyD

    Last October, 2025 I started taking lessons again. Jon's NYC Piano Party was the catalyst that prompted my desire to learn new pieces and to find a qualified teacher. I found the teacher and after about 2 months of me going to his, after my knee replacement surgery, he started coming to my house for lessons. We haven't been back to his place since. I think he likes my piano. 😉

    I started out with The Valse Op 64, No 2. Then moved on to two Nocturnes, Op 9, No 2, and Op 72, No 1.

    I have all three of them memorized now. I play through all three at least once daily and since the Op72 No1 is my latest, I concentrate on polishing it more. I am still working on at least 2 or more areas in each piece to attain better accuracy, dynamics, etc.


  • Is Clair de Lune too hard for me?
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    You are more than capable of learning it.

    I have never played it. But, I'm pretty sure I could learn it. I have been so focused on Chopin over the past year that I feel like I should move on to a different composer.


  • Word association thread
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Fire


  • Happy Birthday, Ron Tuner!!!
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    HBD!


  • Word association thread
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    flower


  • Word association thread
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Bah!


  • What are you watching?
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    @wtg said:

    The Bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 on Netflix

    https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/the-bombing-of-pan-am-103-cast-guide

    We watched it. It was really well done.


  • Word association thread
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Child


  • Word association thread
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Space


  • This could keep Mark busy for years
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Not for a few years now. My partner sold his house about 5 years ago and of course the observatory went with it.

    I still have a very nice Astro-Physics refractor but it might be going away soon as well. Another good friend wants to buy it from me and move to Nevada. I don't use it at all as our night skies have fallen prey to sever light pollution. The new Casino that is due to open up this fall is about 1 mile from us as the crow flies. It is going to make things a lot worse. I have lost all motivation to even set it up.


  • 50 years ago today
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Happy Anniversary!


  • The Guitar Story
    M Mark
    Off Key - General Discussion

    This was wow, 5 years ago now.

    Link to video

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups