Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

Big_AlB

Big_Al

@Big_Al
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
490
Topics
35
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent

  • Thanks a lot, *ssh*le
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Bad news. The past 2nd Trump term has seemed to me to have been like being in the trenches during a mortar barrage. Some hit at a distance and you count yourself lucky. Some hit nearby and you know where it hit. Some land on someone you know and wounds or kills them. You just wonder if one had has our name on it.

    Big Al


  • Turncoat
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    I am a Pennsylvanian and a registered Democrat. I believe that John Fetterman represents me and my views better than some strictly party-line senator would. I respect his independence of conscience and wish we saw more of it in our government.

    Big Al


  • Who's celebrating Rosh Hashanah?
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    We enjoyed a Rosh Hashanah dinner last night. The home-baked challah was delicious, as was all of the meal.

    Big Al


  • Running with a stroller is good for you
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/listen-up-parents-running-with-a-stroller-might-make-you-less-prone-to-overuse-injuries-180989345/

    This article reminded me of Elena from the Old Coffee Room.

    Big Al


  • Is Clair de Lune too hard for me?
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    I remember meeting Hugh Sung at a piano party hosted by Rich Galassini at Cunningham Piano a number of years ago. I saw he was playing a Cunningham piano in the video.

    Big Al


  • Woman opposes vaccine because
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Some people are beyond stupid and ignorant.

    Big Al


  • Fare thee well, Dolly
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    There have not been many public figures in our society who were so universally respected and admired. Truly a remarkable person.

    I've read multiple remembrances and tributes in various online locations since the news of her death was announced. What most struck me was the nearly total absence of any negative comments in all those places. It seems that almost everyone loved her.

    Big Al


  • Happy Birthday, Ron Tuner!!!
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Happy birthday, Ron.

    Big Al


  • 50 years ago today
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Happy anniversary to the happy couple.

    Big Al


  • Best friends discover they are related
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    It's probably fortunate they became friends rather than lovers.

    Big Al


  • A bit of a drive
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Very glad to hear that you dodged that bullet. Did you do anything fun or pleasurable while you were in Philadelphia?

    Big Al


  • Ice cream without the junk
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    @wtg said:

    Stopped at the grocery store on the way home from day rehav; Mr wtg's first trip to a grocery store since late February. We decided to celebrate...

    That's certainly cause for celebration, and ice cream is ideal for that purpose.

    I'm glad to read that news.

    Big Al


  • Happy birthday, dolmansaxlil !!
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Happy birthday, Dol. Have you found any new board games you'd recommend?

    Big Al


  • The wtgs could use your long distance support
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    I think Larry's visit was more than a coincidence. I do believe that there are miracles in this world. We all can benefit from a little more encouragement.

    Big Al


  • Fans are happier (and better citizens, too)
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    https://www.thefp.com/p/arthur-brooks-the-knicks-just-made?r=1tji4p&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

    As a long-time Pittsburgh Steelers fan, I couldn't agree any more with Arthur Brook's observations in the opinion piece.

    I think the rehabilitation of this region after the massive deindustrializtion of the 1970s owes at least a partial debt of gratitude to the Steelers four Super Bowl wins over that decade.

    Big Al


  • Happy 80th, Donald
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    😆

    Big Al


  • Greek Churches
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Lots of Greek food festivals in the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. I usually enjoy going to at least the one nearest me.

    Has anyone noticed how many diners are owned and run by Greeks?

    Big Al


  • Antoni Gaudi
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    @BeeLady said:

    I was there two years ago. Took a few days in Barcelona before heading to the Pyrenees for our annual ladies hiking trip.

    Hello, Beelady. It's nice to see you here.

    Big Al


  • OperaTenor
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    I'm sorry to hear that.

    I sometimes think of people I knew and have met on the various forums over the years. Then, I wonder where many of them are now.

    Big Al


  • Gas station scams
    Big_AlB Big_Al
    Off Key - General Discussion

    @wtg said:

    People sure are clever. And dishonest.

    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/articles/man-urges-others-watch-gas-121521726.html

    That screw is very subtle. I don't think I would spot it. The best advice was in the comments to be sure the pump resets after you hang up the nozzle.

    My wife got skimmed at a gas station a few years ago. She still had her receipt and was able to secure restitution from the bank, but it took awhile because she had used her debit card. Now she only uses a credit card at non-bank ATMs and other payment locations.

    Big Al

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups