Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

  1. Home
  2. Categories
  3. Off Key - General Discussion
  4. Contingency planning... Sigh

Contingency planning... Sigh

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off Key - General Discussion
25 Posts 8 Posters 1.3k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • B Bernard

    It's done! I'm so relieved; I've not really enjoyed the process. Signed the revocable trust (and all accompanying documents) today. I still have to make appointments with a couple local funeral homes to discuss their offerings. I just want them to make sure I'm dead! That story from Spain (I think) this summer!

    wtgW
    wtgW
    wtg
    wrote last edited by
    #21

    @Bernard Congrats! We updated our estate planning docs some months ago after years of putting it off. Now we're in the process of documenting our financial lives so that our successor trustees can take over if the need arises. Starting to fill up our Nokbox. I picked one up during a sale at a huge discount off their regular prices. It seems to be well thought out.

    B 1 Reply Last reply
    👍
    • wtgW wtg

      @Bernard Congrats! We updated our estate planning docs some months ago after years of putting it off. Now we're in the process of documenting our financial lives so that our successor trustees can take over if the need arises. Starting to fill up our Nokbox. I picked one up during a sale at a huge discount off their regular prices. It seems to be well thought out.

      B
      B
      Bernard
      wrote last edited by
      #22

      @wtg I will look into it. I've been making a spreadsheet that will eventually contain all the information my successor trustee will need, but a place for physical documents (apart from very important docs like my birth certificate, etc. which are in a lock box) would be good.

      The industrial revolution cheapened everything.

      1 Reply Last reply
      • DougGD
        DougGD
        DougG
        wrote last edited by
        #23

        Ooh- the nokbox looks like a great idea. Never mind my successors, I could use some of that organization for myself…

        1 Reply Last reply
        • K
          K
          kluurs
          wrote last edited by
          #24

          Nokbox sounds good for me. We've put things off - too long. I kind of want to make sure we have an up-to-date will in case we both foolishly leave simultaneously - and then do a trust for a more thoughtful exit - as that will take some thoughtful effort and time.

          1 Reply Last reply
          • wtgW
            wtgW
            wtg
            wrote last edited by
            #25

            Here’s an earlier thread about the Nokbox. Includes sample pages.

            https://wtf.coffee-room.com/topic/2009/nokbox/7?_=1791548255155

            1 Reply Last reply

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            Powered by NodeBB | Contributors
            • Login

            • Don't have an account? Register

            • Login or register to search.
            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Categories
            • Recent
            • Tags
            • Popular
            • Users
            • Groups