Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

NinaN

Nina

@Nina
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
102
Topics
1
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent

  • 19 Years Ago
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    I can't believe that was 19 years ago... wow


  • Still crazy after all these years
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Happy Anniversary!


  • Dogs adopt their humans
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    But I believe the concept, not just for dogs but for most domesticated animals that we routinely interact with (cats, horses, dairy cows, etc.). Every pet we've had has clearly had a favorite human. Sometimes it's been me and sometimes not. We even had a chicken that loved my dad. I've never really understood or isolated anything that the chosen human is doing differently than those of us in the discard pile.


  • In Minneapolis
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    There's a proliferation of AI modified "videos" from both sides now. Without direct access to the phones from Good's wife and the ICE agent who shot her (which have been confiscated by the FBI), I'm not sure we'll ever get an unbiased account,


  • What *was* he thinking
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    "he is seen and heard talking to a woman he had met for a date...." We know what he was thinking!


  • Deny. Deny. Admit.
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Coincidentally, I just mentioned the AI hallucination issue on the other post.


  • IgniteTech CEO on AI
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Here's Gemini's description of an AI hallucination. They're real, and not rare.
    An AI hallucination occurs when a Large Language Model (LLM)—like the one I am—generates information that is factually incorrect, nonsensical, or entirely fabricated, yet presents it with high confidence.

    Because these models are designed to be fluent and helpful, they often "fill in the blanks" when they lack specific data, creating responses that sound plausible but have no basis in reality.


  • IgniteTech CEO on AI
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    I use Gemini nearly every day. It's great for routine coding issues, emphasis on routine. It can find syntax errors right away and rewrite the code error-free with a handy copy feature. What it can't do is suggest an approach to writing code that has any sort of wrinkle in it at all. It's also super bad on suggesting how to do small things (generic formatting of an entire report, troubleshooting an error, etc.) on widely available software like Excel, Cognos, etc. I'd say my hit rate is about 50% in those scenarios, when most of the issues are suggestions to deploy features that are unavailable in our particular instance. If you point that out (I don't have the "beautify my report" feature), it suggests some other crazy roundabout way that doesn't work, then another, then by about the 4th iteration it's back to suggesting the first thing again, which didn't work. The big problem is that it almost rarely will say "I don't know"


  • Fed Chair Powell’s statement
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    @Piano-Dad I'm waiting for the letters of concern to start flowing


  • The last real place on the internet
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    I wonder if it's regional or item-specific. Craig's list is one of the best sites to find rental housing in Vancouver BC.


  • "We got a Honduran here! Gotta get status!"
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Oh yeah, they're definitely around PDX, bravely living in the "war zone"


  • Mass resignations in US Attorney's office in Minnesota
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    So if the leadership has resigned, who is left to potentially push back?


  • What could possibly go wrong?
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    It's a hacker's paradise!


  • O Canada
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Elbows up!


  • Please give me advice about a rare (?) bacterial infection
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    My best advice would be to talk to an actual doctor. From what I gather it can be serious in people with coexisting conditions, such as an autoimmune disorder. A doctor can assess your situation. In the meantime, take the usual precautions you would be taking. Wash your hands, if you share a kitchen, make sure everything is clean. Whatever you did with COVID precautions would be the type of thing to do. I don't think it's highly contagious, but it's not not contagious.


  • Covid, again.
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    How are you doing, Jodi?


  • Sending troops to Portland
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    @ShiroKuro the rhetoric is so over the top. The notion of sending the national guard to our cities unasked, after being explicitly told no by the mayor is illegal and mind boggling.
    "War ravaged"?


  • Sending troops to Portland
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    I agree with AdagioM. I spent several hours downtown today, got my hair cut, strolled through the Portland Market. A gorgeous day. Lots of joking about living in a war zone or in hell.
    It's crazy.


  • The How To Read a Book book
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    I may be the last person on the planet to have discovered this book (the 2024 novel by Monica Wood), but I highly recommend it.
    It's not a gripping intellectual tour de force. It is a very well written, non-saccharine book about personal redemption.

    Bonus: a lot of it is set in a parrot cognition lab, modeled after Irene Pepperberg's research, which is fun in and of itself.


  • Covid, again.
    NinaN Nina
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Ugh. I hope you feel better fast!

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups