Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

DougGD

DougG

@DougG
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
359
Topics
16
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent

  • NYT list of 100 best TV shows of tue 21st century
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Some of this has to do with my age and when in my life I was watching TV.

    Here are the top 20 shows of the 1960s:

    1. The Twilight Zone
    2. Star Trek
    3. Bewitched
    4. I Dream of Jeannie
    5. The Flintstones
    6. The Beverly Hillbillies
    7. Bat Masterson
    8. Batman
    9. The Addams Family
    10. Bonanza
    11. The Jetsons
    12. Get Smart
    13. The Dick Van Dyke Show
    14. Mission: Impossible
    15. Green Acres
    16. Leave It to Beaver
    17. The Munsters
    18. The Carol Burnett Show
    19. Hogan's Heroes
    20. Gunsmoke

    I have not only seen all of these, there’s isn’t any of them that I’ve only seen one or two episodes….


  • NYT list of 100 best TV shows of tue 21st century
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    15 that I have seen at least once. 30 rock and breaking bad are the two I’ve seen in their entirety.


  • Word association thread
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    purity


  • Word association thread
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    nemo


  • Word association thread
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Mine


  • Word association thread
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    May


  • Word association thread
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    oops


  • Word association thread
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    downward


  • Word association thread
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    sofa


  • Word association thread
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    lethargy


  • Non sequitur Thread
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    How he got into my pajamas I’ll never know


  • Word association thread
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    master


  • Word association thread
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    death


  • How Costco became a 'third place'
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    @wtg

    sorry, I have to disagree.

    I used to go to McDonald’s for the coffee. Two reasons. 1- I have no taste in coffee. 2- they used to have a senior discount at a dollar a cup.

    I would never do anything foolish like speak to any human beings there, but I would grab my one dollar coffee and go for a nice walk…

    edit- and no, there’s no real point in me posting this other than to be annoying…


  • Word association thread
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    oil


  • Word association thread
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    gold


  • Parsing health gizmos
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    i’m a bit of a Fitbit addict, although I don’t like when they killed the Fitbit app and make us use google now.

    I don’t overly trust the absolute metrics, but I think it is an excellent indication of direction, which is to say am I getting more or less exercise, more or less sleep etc.

    I mean if I go for 4 mile walk and I don’t have my Fitbit on, did I really burn any calories?


  • Gas prices
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    so I’ve been falling the oil and gas market for over 60 years. My dad worked in the industry. I graduated college in the middle of an oil embargo that led to rationing. I have owned oil and gas stocks for that for 60 year period, although I’ve been steadily decreasing the position for the last 15 years.

    Here is my prediction. Sometime within the next 18 months or so , you’ll start seeing the term “oil glut “ in headlines with sharply lower prices.

    This stuff is incredibly cyclical…


  • Gas prices
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    driving down the eastern side of the Sierras early next week. There’s a couple hundred miles stretch where gas will be well over seven dollars a gallon.


  • Very old fish
    DougGD DougG
    Off Key - General Discussion

    damn. Not only a similar age it looks a bit like me…

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups