Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

WTF-Beta

D

Daniel

@Daniel
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
2.6k
Topics
293
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent

  • Charles Spencer is telling tales out of school
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    You can't grieve someone you never loved in the first place.


  • Can someone who knows Zoom...
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    @adagiom Ok, I downloaded the app and created an account.

    The Notice of Hearing has the following:

    DATE x
    Time x
    Place: ZOOM
    Meeting ID: x
    PASSCODE: x
    To attend by telephone: phone #

    I don't understand.

    Does this mean I need to log into Zoom and put the meeting code and password in the Zoom app on that day and time?

    Do you know what "To attend by telephone:" might mean?

    Do you know if this means I can call and only use my voice?

    I will only have my phone available.


  • Can someone who knows Zoom...
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    @mik Thanks for the advice!

    @adagiom They sent a letter, so there isn't a link.

    I'll download the Zoom app, and see what my options are...


  • Charles Spencer is telling tales out of school
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    That makes sense.

    I've studied the British royal family for decades.

    I always put what I hear through through the filter of my own knowledge.

    This topic is one of my hobbies.

    I'm such a nerd. 🤪

    And there really is a world of actual investigative reporters, researchers, and other very serious people who cover this institution and family.

    I promise.


  • Written English, Misc.
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    @andyd This reminds me. "Gifting" is actually a word that is one of my pet peeves.

    Yes, a lot of people like this word, and so many people use it that it's English today.

    Yes, most of us here use it.

    I know.

    But I'm not sure how long it will last, or in other words, I don't think it will last. I give it 10 years.

    But who knows.

    Anyway...

    You give a gift.

    So what this word means after you take it apart and put it together again is:

    You gift a gift.

    On a different note, one of my best critics said of my English the following:

    "Educated speech has an unusual robotic quality."

    I concluded that this person had a limited intelligence, poor social awareness, and a lack of social experience.

    I guess I had the option of thinking "FU" but it was such a unique and amusing comment.


  • Charles Spencer is telling tales out of school
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    I know all about Charles Spencer, his lack of character, his pathetic stewardship of the Spencer estate, his sibling rivalry with Diana, his refusal to give her shelter, his lies about same, his money making off her memory from jump, his go along to get along actual self, his personal life and its complications... the list goes on...

    Still, one can't say any of this logically implies his current statements are necessarily lies. This would actually be a logical fallacy- argument against the person.

    With respect, we disagree.

    Prince Charles was not in grief after Diana died. I'll say it again. Prince Charles was not in grief after Diana died.

    And so, we won't agree on this topic.

    Life goes on!


  • Whoa! I just found a new avatar.
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    WTF? I mean that in the nicest way!

    Ax or wtg, please answer my question.

    I don't know how this site's software works and I need help.


  • Charles Spencer is telling tales out of school
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Link to video

    Good.

    Of course many people are upset with him.

    Well he's getting older. Many people in his life including his godmother Queen Elizabeth have passed. Charles III's power is waning. He clearly feels he can and wants to speak about his sister in a way he must not have felt comfortable doing in the past.

    Please listen to what he said then Prince Charles said to him about Diana being forgotten.

    Cold as ice. Delusional to the nth degree about Diana (during her lifetime and after her death).

    This is the real Prince Charles/ King Charles III.

    I personally don't need any proof of it but it's interesting to hear people like Charles Spencer speak freely.

    Swan Song https://share.google/7Nd3M3BZJiSGemlpK


  • One of the best actresses of my generation
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Link to video

    And well I have to be honest and say one of the most beautiful women of my generation as well.

    We had pictures of her cut from magazines on our walls in our college dorms.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winona_Ryder


  • What's your Uber rating?
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    @kluurs said:

    4.79 - not sure who I displeased. I really haven't used it much lately though twice in the last week.

    For me it's the gate issue.

    Almost no driver is willing to sit at idle for even a few minutes.

    They get upset because they didn't know there was one, because I didn't tell them, because GPS gave the a route to rear entrance of the park (so how could there be a gate?), become they feel I'm at fault because they have to drive around to the front entrance (even though they actually don't because people with clickers are opening the gate all the time...

    They don't understand all of the park including the roads is private property.

    There's a big sign on the gate that spells out the fact that it's private property and that all car services, delivery drivers must use the front entrance.

    I know they can read. They choose to ignore the sign or (and I believe this) they have a mental block and don't have the ability to see the sign much less respect what it says.

    I have no sympathy for drivers who get worked up about it.

    It's a matter of infrastructure.

    The main entrance/ main road in (and leading directly to the office/ clubhouse/ maintenance complex) was planned and built for traffic.

    The rear entrance when the gate's open is only a normal residential street like any other.

    That street and nearby streets would be overwhelmed with driving services, and delievery company trucks.

    In fairness to delivery companies, UPS, etc., they do use the main entrance.

    I wonder how low your rating has to go before Uber tanks your account. Actually, I doubt it's a metric they use for that.

    I'm unfailingly polite (except that one time, lol), I put my seatbelt on before the computer voice has to tell me, and I pay (sorry to be crass).

    I don't think Uber is yanking my account any time soon.

    I think this whole thing is amusing.

    Btw, I gave a 1 star rating for only the second time last week for an Etsy seller who ended up forcing me to file a dispute with Etsy and my bank.

    I always give 5 stars even if 3 or 4 would be what I would have to give if the situation had any real meaning,...

    but cross me, and "you" will get a 1 to drag your rating down.

    And really- if 1 is a reasonably accurate evaluation then it just is...


  • What's your Uber rating?
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    I like it because you get from A to B safely and in comfort,...

    because many of the drivers are plain good drivers, older drivers with experience and younger drivers who are like fish swimming in water,...

    because everyone and everything is being video recorded for security reasons (as it should, like at a bank),...

    and most off all, because you're incurring no liability against your assets (if you're leaving an automobile at home) and at the same time insuring the chances of you committing vehicular manslaughter are zero.

    It's very compelling.

    It's also a little expensive. But what isn't?


  • Can someone who knows Zoom...
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Ron, Mik, We cross-posted.

    I'll read your posts after I've had my coffee.

    I don't do very well with tech. I'm in the deep end with this one.


  • Can someone who knows Zoom...
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Bump, finished. Lol. This edit took a long time.


  • Can someone who knows Zoom...
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    please fill me in on this? I haven't done it. I'd like to know how it works.

    If the instructions given were-

    Date
    Time
    Password
    Meeting # (iirc-?)

    And it I knew nothing about Zoom (I don't actually),

    where would I start?

    For instance, do I need software to download?

    Please help!

    I have a Zoom meeting that's scheduled for next week.

    I want to make sure I'm "there" for one thing.

    I can't not be. I'm very stressed because of this and because I don't know what I'm doing...

    There are the the added complications that I have to do this on my phone (my tablet is in for repairs, I want to be able to see each of the participants speaking, and I don't want to accidentally hang up (so easy to do with a glass display phone).

    This one is important. The lead is a County judge.


  • Laughter is the best medicine
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Link to video


  • What's your Uber rating?
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    It's dropped to 4.87

    Oh the humanity


  • Rosecliff Mansion, Newport
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Newport, RI

    Chateau-sur-Mer

    Link to video

    I've noticed many of these Gilded Age mansions in Newport had dark interiors.

    I like that. I think it's beautiful and elegant.

    Darkness is a rare commodity when sunlight is so relentless imho.


  • Thanks a lot, *ssh*le
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    SK,

    I am very sorry this happened and especially after all the work you did in preparation as the lead and considering the size and scope of the project in your field.

    "Woke" was the pretext for a different Republican politician ruining my alma mater beyond recognition.

    Again, I am very sorry.


  • Word association thread
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    analysis


  • Art 2nd Thread
    D Daniel
    Off Key - General Discussion

    Speaking of art, I received some more of my late mother's photographs today. So this was the 4th USPS box of 4 with photographs my cousin found after my father passed.

    It was joyous!

    My mother passed in 2014 and so much went missing.

    But today there was something I wanted a lot.

    It's a black and white photograph of my mother and me by my first Dr who was a photographer.

    I had this photograph framed for my mother a long time ago.

    I would have been maybe 4 and she would have been about 23.

    Man I need to learn to post pictures.

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups